Only regularly transported students to and from school for classes are permitted to ride school buses. It is not the responsibility of the school district to transport students who are visitors or who are going to meetings such as Boy Scout or Girl Scout groups or to parties. Buses are to be used only for school affairs. Any request for exception to any regulation regarding transportation must be filed in written form from parent or guardian to the school.
Adults or any person living in that community who are not connected with the school will not be permitted to ride the school bus except in a case of emergency.
2. Students should be at the bus stop on scheduled time. While waiting for the bus, pupils must remain in a safe place away from traffic, at least ten feet from the bus stop, and wait until the bus door is open before moving closer to the bus. Students should not play on the highway.
3. While riding the bus, students are under the supervision of the driver and must obey the driver, rules, and safety regulations at all times. The driver has the authority to assign students to seats. While loading or unloading, the students must enter or leave the bus orderly and quickly.
4. Students are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that will not distract the attention of their driver or disturb other riders on the bus. The principal has the authority to suspend a student's privilege to ride the bus temporarily for misconduct. The school may suspend the student's privilege to ride the bus permanently for misconduct.
5. If a student's conduct is unusually disruptive, the driver has the authority to notify the student that he is not eligible to ride the bus the following morning or until the misconduct has been reported to the principal and a conference held. If a student's conduct is such that the safety of the student(s) is in danger, the driver has the authority to require the student to leave the bus immediately.
6. Students must remain seated while on the bus and move only with the approval of the driver. Students should not change seats while the bus is in motion. A student wishing to change should do so while the bus is stopped.
7. Students are not to tamper with any of the safety devices such as door latches, and the fire extinguisher or put their hands, arms, heads, or bodies out of the windows.
8. Students are not to deface the bus or any school property, to write on the bus, or to cut seats. Property damage will be reported to the principal. Students will be responsible for intentional property damage.
9. Students should not throw paper of other objects on the floor of the bus. The aisle of the bus should be clear from books, lunches, coats, band instruments, etc.
10. Students should not use tobacco while riding a school bus. Food or drinks are not to be carried onto school buses.
11. Students are not to ask the driver to let them off the bus in town, at the store, or at the mailbox to get the mail. The driver is not permitted to make unscheduled stops except in case of emergency.
12. Students who must cross the highway to enter the bus must wait until the bus has come to a complete stop and the driver has signaled for them to cross in front of the bus.
13. Students who must cross the road after leaving the bus in the afternoon must go to a point on the shoulder of the road 15 feet in front of the bus and cross the highway only after the driver has signaled them to do so.
14. Buses will not stop on a hill. There must be at least 500 feet clear vision of an oncoming vehicle from both front and back of the bus.